Encouragement

Aug 8, 2011


This coming weekend is one of our church's local crusade known as the Harvest Crusade.

In 1990, Pastor Greg Laurie began holding large-scale public evangelistic events through Harvest Ministries. Since then, more 4,240,000 people have attended Harvest events around the United States, Australia and New Zealand. More importantly, more than 353,300 people have made registered professions of faith through these outreaches.

We are very excited to be apart of this ministry and reach out to others. We have decided to become Start Friends at Harvest. A start friend commits to taking a new believer further down the road into their faith.

When I became a new believer, I didn't have ANY christian friends. My friends were into partying all the time and it would have been really easy for me to slide back into that lifestyle. But then I met my good friend Michelle. She was incredibly supportive and helped to guide me through my walk. I would like to be that friend for someone else.

I know that whom ever the lord would like me to befriend is going to have some days that are filled with difficulties. So I've created this encouragement box that I'll fill with uplifting hand made cards. Although the cards will be dedicated to someone else, I'm dedicating this box to myself. I'll leave it on my desk as a daily reminder to encourage others in the name of the lord.

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."



I'm entering this project into:

Cricut Cardz Challenge #86, Tuitti - Fruitti
Scrapalicious USA - Anything but a card
You Had Me at Craft  - Made it myself monday







Sentiment: Computer generated ;)

18 comments:

Michelle Cole on August 8, 2011 at 12:35 PM said...

Ahhh... you've got me all teared up right while I was doing my makeup.

I love you girl and I think you are so incredibly amazing AND God on you, dang you've never looked so good!

Thank you for your love and friendship. Even though we don't live close anymore, you remain close to my heart, my friend and sister!

Jeri on August 8, 2011 at 12:46 PM said...

This is the most adorable project. Thanks so very much for sharing it with us at Cricut Cardz.

Blessings, Jeri

The Archiving Angel on August 8, 2011 at 2:35 PM said...

Wow, this is fabulous!

Bebyles on August 8, 2011 at 2:49 PM said...

You did a great job with this card box ! Love it ! Wonderful idea with the encouragement hand made cards :-)The day I had decided to become religion teacher (catechist)my "friends" told me that I had to choose between them and God. It didn´t even take me a second to let them go. I was awfully sad to lose all my friends in this way and I didn´t know what would expect me on this walk with and for God, but I´ve never regretted my decision.I´m glad to hear that you also walk on this way and that you have friends that support you. Praise the Lord for this.

Jovan on August 8, 2011 at 3:00 PM said...

WOW, that is nice!

Melissa on August 8, 2011 at 5:06 PM said...

Oh wow, I am loving this, don't think I have ever seen anything like this! I love the color choices great job...thanks for joining CCC!

Adrian on August 8, 2011 at 5:53 PM said...

Wow, u did a super job!

Trail of Treasures on August 8, 2011 at 7:22 PM said...

Absolutely beautiful Ana Maria! I'm sure you can be a great friend to someone just like how Michelle was to you!

Hugs,
Tracey

Melanie Makes on August 9, 2011 at 4:28 AM said...

You do great work, I will be working with you as a fellow Inking it Up designer.
Melanie

Marlene on August 9, 2011 at 6:57 PM said...

Awww, this is really super cute!!!

Thanks for coming by and visiting my blog. Appreciate your sweet comments. :)

Sarah on August 9, 2011 at 7:47 PM said...

This is a really cute project and I love the reasoning behind it. Praying God's blessings on your new ministry!

Lolis on August 10, 2011 at 9:17 AM said...

Wow! I love your project! Thank you for posting the verse at the end, I really needed to be reminded! Great task you'll be performing starting with people like me who read your blog. Hugs and many blessings.

Pat N. on August 10, 2011 at 9:43 PM said...

Love your box project--it looks so neat and perfect. Great job!!--Pat N.

Sarah on August 11, 2011 at 7:39 AM said...

Awesome and very creative idea! Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Sarah

Shelley on August 13, 2011 at 11:23 AM said...

What an amazing project? Did you build the box too? I would love a tutorial on that. Thank you for joining us at Scrapalicious USA Challenge! ~Shelley

Anonymous said...

What and amazing project! I love the entire post and all of the amazing things you said. What an awesome thing for that many people to be touched by one event. Fabulous.
Big hugs,
Raven
p.s. where did you get that cut file from? is it a cut file the box??? LOVE IT
thatsmerb at gmail dot com

Tina on August 21, 2011 at 6:19 PM said...

Absolutely beautiful! Great job! The color choices and design are fabulous!
Tina
www.myhoppyplace.blogspot.com

Shelley on August 25, 2011 at 12:36 PM said...

Lovin' this box! How in the world did you make it? Tell, tell! :) I'm a new follower by the way and subscriber! Love your stuff! Good for you that you found that Christian friend and stuck by Him! The "world" is a hard place to be when you're a Christian sometimes...but we have to be that shining light for Him and stay on His Path! So glad that i found your blog! :)

Shelley
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
shelleymace21@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada