Tangled Princess Birthday

Nov 4, 2011

Are you ready for a TON of pics? 
I went a little crazy decorating 
for my 2 & 4 year old's birthday party. 
But I get two birthdays done in one shot... 
so why not go crazy right?

(you can click on each picture to see it larger)
  If you haven't seen the movie Tangled... you've gotta see it. 
 The cake table. 
We had two giant cupcakes, 48 regular cupcakes, and Rapunzel's tower.
 Rapunzel's tower. 
I got the idea from Super Mom Moments

The tower is made with: 4x4x4 foam block, pre-made pecan rolls, straight-sided muffins and an old-fashioned waffle cone, yellow candy coating (with purple food coloring because they ran out of purple candy coating), and tons of icing. 
Birthday banner
 36 of the 48 cupcakes went on the stand.
I got some Tangled stickers and used my 1" circle punch
Then my 1 1/2" scalloped punch
And some long toothpicks

 
View of the crafting area.
Close up of the crafting table. We started off with painting, made some crowns, and did some friendship bracelets. I had more crafts planned but the kids got really carried away making the friendship bracelets.  As you can see... they even went to the floor to make more room.
 
 This is was a last minute idea... There's a song in the movie called, "I've got a dream." So the clouds have some of the characters dreams from the movie and everyone one else wrote their dream on the paper. I just placed packaging paper over one of our pictures and taped everything on.
 
This is one corner of the play room. 
The kids could go and get dress up clothes. 
The play room was a complete disaster within 15 minutes :)
The rooms were completely covered with purple banners.
 In the movie... Flynn Rider is really mad that his nose is drawn wrong in every wanted poster. So I made 40 copies of this poster and made a different nose on each poster. The kids/parents had a good laugh at each poster scattered all over the house!
 I placed the goodie bags in the box. I put water colors (Rapunzel paints), a fruit roll (pascal's tongue) and bubbles (because all kids love bubbles) in each bag. But I forgot to take a pic of the goody bag :(

My birthday girls!



I'm entering this post into:
Decorate to Celebrate - Surprise! It's a birthday party challenge. 




Thanks for visiting,
=) Ana Maria

9 comments:

Rhonda Emery on November 4, 2011 at 8:46 PM said...

looks like a fun party for two cute little princesses thank you for joining on the month long birthday challenge at decorate to celebrate

Norma on November 6, 2011 at 10:38 PM said...

WOW!! how fun and great mom you are putting all that hard work into the decorations and making their birthday very special!! Thank you for linking to Decorate to Celebrate!!
Hugs,
Norma

Sonias Blog on November 7, 2011 at 9:31 AM said...

WOW! WOW! WOW!

Ro on November 7, 2011 at 10:58 AM said...

Adorable party! Looks like it was a lot of fun =)

Lori Comeau on November 8, 2011 at 3:18 AM said...

Awesome job on your decorating. I love the cup cake tower. By the smiles on your girls faces, looks like their party was a big hit.
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

Jana on November 8, 2011 at 6:39 AM said...

Wow, now that's what I call going all out! What a great party your girls had! I miss giving my girls birthday parties like this. They have outgrown them. you are making great memories for them.
blessings,
Jana
My Website

Rez P. on November 8, 2011 at 11:21 PM said...

Aloha,
Such a beautiful projects! I'm sure everyone had such a fabulous time with a fun party like this. I hope you'll stop by my blog as I am having a blog giveaway.
Hugs,
Rez
Karezma Kreations

Sunshine HoneyBee on November 9, 2011 at 8:00 PM said...

Visiting from Decorate to Celebrate. Wonderful bday party decorations. I saw movie Tangled and loved it.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Scrappin' Sista on November 16, 2011 at 3:56 PM said...

You did a great job on the party. There are SO many great ideas here. I know they had fun. Thanks for linking at DTC.

Christel
DTC Guest Designer
http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada